Professor, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- M.A.: Princeton University, Department of Classics (1983).
- M.A.: Oxford University, Department of Classics (1984).
- PhD: Princeton University, Department of Classics (1987).
- Ancient Greece - epic poetry, history, and historiography.
- The Lindian Chronicle and the Greek Creation of their Past (Oxford University Press, 2003).
- "Craterus and the Use of Inscriptions in Ancient Scholarship," TAPA 129 (1999) 43-83.
- "The Bones of a Hero, The Ashes of a Politician: Athens, Salamis, and the Usable Past," Classical Antiquity 16 (1997) 278-307.
Offices in Professional Organizations:
- Chair, Committee on Admissions and Fellowships, American School of Classical Studies in Athens (1999-2001).
Honors and Awards:
- National Humanities Center Fellowship (2003-4).
- Introductory Greek; Alexander the Great; the Ancient Theatre.
- Greek Syntax and Stylistics; History of Greek Literature; Herodotus; Historiography.